Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Grammar Saves Lives



How to Use Grammarly

Using Grammarly can be broken down into simple step-by-step instructions.

First, you must sign in using a google account, Facebook or simply log in.

Once you are signed in, you will need to install the application.  

After the application is installed, you can begin using the features immediately.  On the home page, type or upload a new document.

Remember to set your goals.  This would prove helpful in the end for insightful tips for improvement.

Click the green button on the upper-right hand corner for checking assistance.

Underlined words will automatically appear on the document.  As you place the mouse over each highlighted word, options to correct, dismiss, flag and/or detailed explanations with specific examples will appear.  

In the end, insights will rank your writing in comparison to other users based on vocabulary and readability.  

2 comments:

  1. I just have to say how much I love grammarly! I haven't used it with my students, but I personally have it installed on my computer and am always checking my papers on it before submitting. For someone who is not good with English, I would HIGHLY recommend using grammarly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Jackie and Dena thanks for the information. I make sure that my students have the app the minute the Chromebooks are reissued so they can check their papers. I use it too. I actually have the premium version until the end of the month and I am trying to decide if I need to continue with the premium or just use the free version.

    ReplyDelete

Literacy Project

With a heterogeneous class of 25 learners ranging in English language proficiency, native language ability, and learning preference...